SwitchOn! Youth is aimed at building the capacity of students, Gr 9 – 11, to learn by taking a deeper look at the different aspects that make up learning, with the focus being on learning how to learn effectively.
The programme currently has the capacity for 30 students, with meetings happening on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 15:00 – 17:00 at the Viva Village.
The programme has been broken down into the following focus areas:
- Learning how to learn
- Re-framing the classroom
- Volition workshops through Drama workshops
- Homework assistance
The programme’s main objectives will be to:
- Enable students to strengthen their own capacity to learn
- Learn and master fundamental learning techniques
- Improve students’ memory
- Help to identify actions that hinder learning
- Stimulate volition within students
- Foster a positive attitude towards learning